Apple allows you to set up your new home automation accessories with the HomeKit system. If you have picked up a HomeKit-enabled device? Here’s how you can get it to work with Siri.
Home automation devices can smartly interact with Apple’s voice-activated assistant, Siri, on iPhone and Apple Watch. Let’s find out!
Add HomeKit Rooms to Siri
- First off, you have to open the Siri Integration screen in your HomeKit app.
- Tap on Rooms.
- Tap the plus button to add a new room.
- Name your room and choose the devices you wish to control within it.
- Finally, press Save.
Add HomeKit Zones to Siri
- Open the Siri Integration screen in your HomeKit.
- Tap on Zones.
- Tap the plus button to add a new zone.
- Name your zone and choose the rooms you wish to control within it.
- Finally. Press Save.
That’s done! Now, you have the option to control all the devices in that room or zone by referring to it by name.
What do you think of HomeKit? Share your experience with us.
Info thanks to: http://goo.gl/YytvrW